Sunday 21st of December 2014 04:16:53 AM
- oblique text: 5.4.1. Fonts with Style
- octothorpe (#) preceding ID selectors: 2.3.2. ID Selectors
- offsets (see side-offset properties)
- CSS implementation in: 1.3.2. Implementations
- padding and: 7.5.4. Padding: Known Issues
- padding values, negative: 7.5. Padding
- operating system, colors and: 10.5.2. Colors
- order sorting: 2.8. The Cascade
- ordered lists: 7.7.1. Types of Lists
- 7.7.2. List Item Images
- origin image: 22.214.171.124. Length values
- origin sorting: 2.8. The Cascade
- origins: 2.8. The Cascade
- orphans property: 10.8.1. Paged Media
- outline properties: 10.5.3. Outlines
- overflow: 9.1.4. Content Overflow and Clipping
- overflow-clip property: 126.96.36.199. Overflow clipping
- overflow clipping: 188.8.131.52. Overflow clipping
- overflow property: 184.108.40.206. Overflow
- elements, altering: 9.5. Stacking Positioned Elements
- floated elements, preventing: 8.3.1. Floating: The Details
- margins (see collapsing margins)
- text, preventing: 8.4.3. Managing the Line Height of Inline Elements
- overlining: 4.1.6. Text Decoration
- overriding previously declared values: 11.1.3. Case 3: Putting a Magazine Article Online
of the line box. Consider Figure 8-66.
Figure 8-66. Adding padding and borders to an inline replaced element
Note that the "first" line box is tall enough to contain
the image, whereas the "second" is tall enough to contain
the image, its padding, and its border. This is because the totality
of the replaced element (content, padding, borders) make up the
inline box for the replaced element. This is what forces the line
boxes to be taller in Figure 8-66.
Copyright © 2002
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut <SPAN CLASS="change">***</SPAN>laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.</P>
While this does rely on inserting an extra element, the advantage isthat the SPAN can be placed anywhere in theparagraph and still have the result depicted in Figure 9-21.
Figure 9-21. Setting a "change bar" with absolute positioning
However, maybe we'd like to place the change marker next towhatever line was changed. In that case, we need to make only onesmall alteration to our styles, and we'll get the result shown